Ultimate Art Camp: Pennsylvania College of Art & Design and the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen: Grades 5-9
- Dates: August 1 – 5
- Times: 10 AM – 4 PM
- Meetings: 5
- Days: Monday – Friday
- PCA&D Center For Creative Exploration Instructor: Susan Wheelersburg
- PA Guild Of Craftsmen Instructors: Lisa Haldeman, Michael Peluso, Bob Antonishak, Kathleen Forney, And Susan Burlingame
Your child in 5 – 9 grade has a passion for creativity and creation: Let us nurture their curiosity and abilities in an intensive and supportive week-long camp exploring the fine arts and master crafts. At PCA&D’s Center for Creative Exploration and Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen Ultimate Art Camp, your child will learn the significance of thinking like an artist with lessons that will inform and enhance their personal and skill development.
Students will start the day at Pennsylvania College of Art & Design learning a variety of art-making techniques, including drawing, painting, printmaking, and more before breaking for lunch. Then campers will be escorted to the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen for an afternoon of fine craft and will explore work in areas such as glassblowing, fused glass, needle felting, and more! Parents will pick up students at the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen located just a little over two blocks away from Pennsylvania College of Art & Design.
This program is open to all skill levels, and provides an atmosphere for self-discovery, camaraderie, and small-group learning. All supplies are included in the cost of the camp.
Students should bring lunch and an afternoon snack to camp each day. Food brought to campus should NOT contain any nuts or seeds. PCA&D has refrigerators and microwaves for student use. Several classrooms at the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen are located on the second floor of the building and the building does not have an elevator. The jewelry & glass studio is on the first floor of the building and is wheelchair accessible. Please contact email@example.com to find out more about classrooms.
- 10 am – 12:30 pm: Students are dropped off and morning classes begin at PCA&D, 204 N. Prince St.
- 12:30 – 1:15 pm: Lunch at PCA&D
- 1:15 – 1:30 pm: Students are escorted on foot to the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen, 335 N. Queen St.
- 1:30 – 4 pm: Afternoon classes and students are picked up at the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen
This course must meet minimum enrollment by July 25 in order to run. Register today!
***Please read our CCE Safety Checklist before joining us on campus***