PGC’s Fine Craft As A Business (FCB) program was initiated in 2018. Our goal is to assist PGC members and others in navigating the business world so they can be successful in running an art/craft business and/or participating in a craft fair. We do this by offering workshops and a Mentor Program to help people set up, maintain, or expand their art/craft business and to enrich their business skills in general. Workshops are open to both PGC Members and the public. The Mentor program is open only to PGC Members.
Fine Craft as a Business Workshops
PGC offers a series of workshops as part of the Fine Craft as a Business program to help you set up, maintain, or expand your art/craft business and to enrich your business skills in general. Workshops are scheduled 2-3 times per year. Depending on the topics, we have half-day and full day programs that usually take place on a Saturday. They will be publicized on the PGC website and on social media. Programs are presented either via Zoom and/or In-Person. All programs will be recorded. Topics include but are not limited to the following list:
- Using social media to market and/or sell your work
- Business Basics (setting up a business, taxes, insurance, copywriting)
- Social media basics (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
- Website design
- Applying to Art/Craft fairs
- Effective booth design
- Selling to shops and galleries
- Managing your inventory
- Pricing your work
- Photographing your work
- Consignment versus wholesale sales
- Writing an artist statement
- Creating business logos
- Where to go to get business cards, banners designed/printed?
- Marketing and branding your work
- Preparing for a juried craft fair
- Preparing for jurying to become a Master Artisan
- Handling payments at craft fairs
- Programs/workshops are available to all PGC members and the public for a nominal fee.
- Program Videos: Program recordings are free to participants. If you did not attend a program and would like a link to the recording, the same registration fees apply.
Access Past Workshops
Fine Craft As A Business: Preparing for a Juried Craft Show & Business Basics$10.00 – $15.00
Fine Craft As A Business: Price is Right & Preparing Your Photos for Juries$10.00 – $15.00
Fine Craft as a Business: Social Media Marketing Basics$10.00 – $15.00
Fine Craft As A Business: Structuring Your Business & Basic Business Principles$10.00 – $15.00
Fine Craft As A Business: Writing an Artist Statement$10.00 – $15.00